[pulseaudio-discuss] can't get pulseaudio-esound-compat to work

Matteo Zandi matteo.zandi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:48:04 PDT 2007

another hint

On 3/19/07, Matteo Zandi <matteo.zandi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps, you may want to try the Gentoo Setup. I describe it in my How-To,
> > which is still a work-in-progress.
>
> I tried it with no joy. I actually used your howto. My nickname on
> debianforums is zasf and the answer to the flash question is yes. I
> used CV's deb with latest flash and it works great!
>
> If I only could fix the esd issue..

another hint: if I start X with xterm session, then enter
gnome-settings-daemon I get this errors.. context.c error is written
in red. I guest it is pulseaudio

context.c: waitpid(): No child processes
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Internal error

** (gnome-settings-daemon:7764): WARNING **: Could not start GNOME sound.

** (gnome-settings-daemon:7764): WARNING **: Couldn't load sound file
/usr/share/sounds/error.wav as sample gnome-2/error

** (gnome-settings-daemon:7764): WARNING **: Couldn't load sound file
/usr/share/sounds/warning.wav as sample gnome-2/warning

** (gnome-settings-daemon:7764): WARNING **: Couldn't load sound file
/usr/share/sounds/shutdown1.wav as sample gnome-2/logout

come on guys, I don't want to give up but I need some help

Matteo