[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio client in Java

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon May 7 06:13:43 PDT 2007

Guillaume Legris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to use a socket-based client for PulseAudio in Java. The native
> protocol (native-protocol-tcp) seems the best solution. Do you know an
> already existing implementation for Java ?
>
> If not, I'll try to write it myself. Could you tell me where I can
> find the native protocol specification ?

I'm afraid the code is the specification. Things aren't really stable
enough for people to take the time and properly document it yet. Still,
we try to avoid changing the protocol and when we do, we maintain
backward compatibility.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00