[pulseaudio-discuss] buffer underruns with pulseaudio

James Utter jutter at ecr.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 18 03:06:13 PDT 2007

hi.

I recently installed pulseaudio on my debian system.

I have found that I am getting many buffer underruns (I think that is
what they are - the sound cuts out for a short period of time) when
doing things like switching to a virtual terminal and just during
normal usage.

I put my user into the group pulse-rt, but this only slightly improved
this, and system performance does not seem as good.

with pulseaudio -vv, i get this message each time an underrun occurs.

module-alsa-sink.c: *** ALSA-XRUN (playback) ***

is there any way to fix this? it is not good enough for listening.

Cheers,

James