[pulseaudio-discuss] audio routing possible?

Remy Bosch remybosch at zonnet.nl
Sun May 27 19:55:04 PDT 2007

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sun, 27.05.07 23:34, Remy Bosch (remybosch at zonnet.nl) wrote:
>
>> I have a TV-card which has only a source and mixer. I wonder if I can
>> route the source of my TV-card to the sink of the main audio card? Can't
>> use 'combine' since I'm not out in creating a new source or sink.
>> IOW; How can I connect a source to an input?
>>
> No, right now we offer no way to directly connect a (clocked) source
> to (clocked) sink. It has been on my todo list for a while, but I
> haven't been working on it yet.
>
> To get this done properly is not trivial btw. Since the crystals of
> soundcards usually deviate a little you have to resample adpatively all
> the time. (Which is more or less what we do in module-combine)

As a work-around I tried to use pipes:

load-module module-pipe-source  file=/tmp/tv.audio
source_name=pci_1131_7134_alsa_capture_0
load-module module-pipe-sink    file=/tmp/tv.audio

Eventhough the daemon loads, I hear nothing :(
The rest of my config:

#!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=output
load-module module-alsa-source source_name=input
load-module module-hal-detect
load-module module-pipe-source  file=/tmp/tv.audio
source_name=pci_1131_7134_alsa_capture_0
load-module module-pipe-sink    file=/tmp/tv.audio sink_name=output
load-module module-esound-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
load-module module-volume-restore
load-module module-rescue-streams
set-default-sink output
set-default-source input
.nofail

load-sample x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/gtk-events/activate.wav
load-module module-x11-bell sample=x11-bell
load-module module-x11-publish
load-module module-gconf
<END>

I figured it was worth a shot...