[pulseaudio-discuss] pasuspender keeps pulse suspended indefinitely

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Fri Nov 2 17:28:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 17:23 -0700, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've been playing with pasuspender for a few of my broken alsa-apps that
> demand to talk directly to the hardware with pretty good results.
> Unfortunately, it seems to keep pulse suspended indefinitely. After
> closing the application that I used it on I can't play any pulse sounds.
> paplay or aplay using a pulse device both just hang. Using aplay with -D
> plughw works just fine though. Yet I don't have a running pasuspender
> showing up in my ps output, and I don't have any alsa apps running
> either.
>
> Doing a 'pactl suspend-sink 0' seems to release it again, but this seems
> rather like a bug to me.

So I just did a few more tests, and I can't reproduce this consistently.
I can use it just fine 3 or 4 times, and then the next time it keeps
pulse suspended. Then after doing the pactl trick above, I do it 5 or 6
more times and it's fine. I'll post an update here if I can actually
come up with a consistent behavior for this.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837