[pulseaudio-discuss] Cheap little pulse server

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 30 06:19:53 PST 2007

OK so this is just me thinking out loud now.

Has anyone priced up how cheap they could make a pulse server?

I'm thinking:

* Small mobo with not very powerful CPU.
* Sound output (obviously)
* Small amount of ram
* Ethernet (wired and/or wireless)
* Onboard flash or PXE capable boot

With the above it would be possible to tailor a small linux install to
boot and run pulse and have it publish itself to your network with
zeroconf-publish and tunnel-sink.

Has anyone done any research on this? What's the cheapest possible way
of doing it. Anyone manage to rip out cheap consumer electronics gear
and slap their own linux kernel + pulse on it?

It's a Friday and I'm struggling to do any real work..... ;)