[pulseaudio-discuss] alsa plugin vs. pulse

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Oct 9 11:53:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, 09.10.07 01:39, Brad Midgley (bmidgley at gmail.com) wrote:

Hi!

> I did try that in default.pa. The sink doesn't show up in padevchooser
> and I don't know what other ways there are to choose it.

You should be able to just move a playback stream to the new device in
pavucontrol. Also pavucontrol will show you all configured playback
devices (sinks).

The configuration line Alex suggested should work for you. If it
doesn't, run pulseaudio in a terminal and specify -vv, it should then
show you all errors.

Also, if ~/.pulse/default.pa exists, /etc/pulse/default.pa is ignored.