[pulseaudio-discuss] main.c: daemon startup failed.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 13 15:24:49 PDT 2008

Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd at luon.net> writes:

> As your on debian, in that case edit /etc/default/pulseaudio to let
> pulseaudio be started in system mode by the init script.

Thanks. That file already contains 'PULSEAUDIO_SYSTEM_START=1' as per
the Debian package installation.

That file is used only when starting PulseAudio's server from the
/etc/init.d/ script. Note that the daemon is also failing to start
when run independent of that script.

--
 \      Q: "I've heard that Linux causes cancer..."  Torvalds: "That's |
  `\       a filthy lie. Besides, it was only in rats and has not been |