[pulseaudio-discuss] main.c: daemon startup failed.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Apr 14 02:51:26 PDT 2008

Sean McNamara <smcnam at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 12:25 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Could I suggest that the 'daemon startup failed' message be
> > changed, to at least include the proximate *reason* why the
> > startup failed.
>
> I like this suggestion. It should be possible (barring any untrapped
> signals or segfaults) to keep a list of modules which have caused a
> fatal error, and report them once the default.pa file has completed
> [...]

> But I agree that better error message reporting would be useful. You
> could look to me for a patch, but it might take some prodding ;)

I'd settle for a bug report in your words to the pulseaudio bug
tracker, summarising the problem and a suggested improvement, to
ensure this doesn't get lost.

--
 \                “Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the |
  `\         unanimity of the graveyard.” —Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. |