[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio on maemo/n800

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 29 01:53:06 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Can you create the folder /tmp/pulse-user yourself? Can you chown and
> chmod OK on the filesystem? Perhaps it is a FAT filesystem and pulse is
> failing because the chown/chmod is not working? (not looked at the code
> for a while so not 100% sure on that one).

This may be what's happening looking at the code, this function is
responsible for creating the /tmp/pulse-user folder:

http://www.pulseaudio.org/browser/tags/release-0.9.10/src/pulsecore/core-util.c#L176

And this check:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/browser/tags/release-0.9.10/src/pulsecore/core-util.c#L215
will return an EACCESS (permission denied I believe) error if it is not
created in a secure manner.

Try hacking that check to in your compilation to see if it works for you.

I guess the code should check not for a Win32 OS but rather a filesystem
that does not support owners/groups/perms, but that's no doubt a bit
trickier!

Hope this is the problem.