[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with pulseaudio / asla on PS3

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 27 14:44:26 PDT 2008

Kevin Gilbert wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Colin Guthrie opined:
>> Kevin, a small point, but it's generally bad karma to send HTML emails
>> to mailing lists (certainly techy ones!). You do send a plain text
>> portion too but if possible can you configure your mail client to not
>> send HTML to this address?
>
> Oops, knew that so I'll blame an errant KMail setting. ;)
>
> Not sure that I understand the ant-HTML stance in these broadband days. It did
> make sense in the Bad Ol' Days of low speed dial-up but not now.

Not wanting to loose the topic here but it's generally a consistency
thing. It's easier to read lots of mails when they are all formatted the
same, and not when in random fonts with random spacing in random colours
etc.

Also, some people still use mutt and pine and all the console mailers,
(e.g. via an SSH connection), so plain text rules the root still for
some techy folks :D

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]