[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol python/c/qt4 port

M.Burak Alkan mburakalkan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:36:18 PDT 2008

Thanks for reply,

Colin Guthrie wrote On 08/27/2008 08:12 PM:
> Sounds sensible. Other people on this list have made simple wrappers in
> python to talk to the pulse socket file, but this only works for local
> clients and thus something based on libpulse would definitely be nicer.

I think so, but since I have lack of experience it shall take a long time.
So if I ask dumb questions, go easy on me :)

> None from me really, but listen out for others. Also in terms for a QT4
> port, I presume your general audience is for KDE4? If so, then it would
> be interesting to see how Phonon and pulse will work once a native pulse
> backend comes along....  :)

Yeah if I succeed I hope it will work on KDE4 as default pulseaudio
frontend, but in the first place
I need to create a python binding to libpulse-which is harder job than
building qt applications for me.

Thanks.

Burak