[pulseaudio-discuss] Mono and SIGPWR interaction

Jay L. T. Cornwall jay at jcornwall.me.uk
Wed Dec 3 07:28:12 PST 2008

Hi,

A follow-up. I found this block in src/pulse/thread-mainloop.c:

/* Make sure that signals are delivered to the main thread */
sigfillset(&mask);
pthread_sigmask(SIG_BLOCK, &mask, NULL)

Sure enough, temporarily commenting this out fixes my problem. I
understand the reason for this code to exist, but it's unfortunate that
the PulseAudio client library forces such a PulseAudio-centric design in
order to interact with it when the majority of applications will have no
need for this.

Would it perhaps be possible to make signal capturing conditional on
pa_signal_init() being called? Obviously the code cannot simply be moved
into there, as it would run in the wrong thread, but something along
these lines?

--
Jay L. T. Cornwall
http://www.jcornwall.me.uk/