[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio elusive

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 23:01:57 PST 2008

 Is PA right for me? I use my Fedora 10 box for vlc, mpd, and  MythTV. PA should play nicely with them under F10, right?

How do I get started? I've two audio cards, the on-board VIA (unused) and the add-in Audigy2 (used). I can get gnome-sound-properties *but not vlc* to play through Audigy2 Multichannel Playback (ALSA). paplay makes no noise either. pulseaudio is running, and there are no errors in /var/log/messages.

Ideally, I'd make Pulseaudio the default sink and route everything through it, but I've no idea how. I looked at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup , but I think my F10 is already configured that way.