[pulseaudio-discuss] couple with vnc

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue Dec 9 20:38:38 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 23:24 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 23:21 -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Yes, FreeNX or the original NoMachine NX is a little lighter.
>
> But will FreeNX or the original NoMachine NX remote the sound to the
> thin client too?
>
> > This is
> > designed for pretty heavy many to one machine usage, i.e., serving up
> > many virtual desktops per one system.
>
> The session suspend/resume like SunRays is nice though.  I bet that
> doesn't happen with FreeNX.  :-(
>
> I guess I will have to play and see.  :-)

<snip>
They do but they use esd :(  That's one of the principle reasons why we
are switching to X2Go - their pulseaudio work.

I believe the suspend/resume does work with all the NX based products
including FreeNX although I have never used FreeNX.  Take care - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com