[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio/Csound/Solaris

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Dec 10 10:44:35 PST 2008

On Mon, 08.12.08 21:57, Sergio (Serge.Coche at free.fr) wrote:

> Hi Lennart,

Hey,

> Working on Solaris/Sparc, i intend to use PA as realtime renderer for
> Csound, which as you know can either produce .wav output files or, what
> is here more interesting, a direct output to PA. The problem is that i
> get really a communication between both softs, but the flux stops
> immediately after the beginn.

Please note that no recent version of PA works on Solaris. There
is noone who's keeping the ports to legacy operating systems up to
date, so expect breakage. Lots of breakage.

Consider upgrading to Linux. While audio on Linux isn't all that
great, it's not as horrible as audio on Solaris. Not
nearly.

Doing timing relevant audio with the Solaris audio interfaces is not
a particularly good idea anyway.

> I learned the problem currently in november with Colin, which thinks
> maybe you can have more lights about. I tried also to change several
> things in the three /etc/pulse, that gave nothing, but maybe however
> here can be the interessant way ?

I fear there is noone with expertise in either Solaris nor CSound
around, so you are on your own.