[pulseaudio-discuss] API of set default sink/source would be supported by furture version of PA?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Dec 10 14:01:55 PST 2008

On Tue, 25.11.08 10:53, Chen, Hao H (hao.h.chen at intel.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have found that it's possible to set default sink/source even
> sink/source name doesn't exist.  Please refer to [PulseAudio] #414:
> able to set default sink/source even the sink/source name doesn't
> exist (http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/414)

This late binding is intended behaviour. It was previously used to
allow default sinks that point to autoload sinks. Autoloading is now
deprecated but I do believe it makes sense to keep this
behaviour. Firstly to not break compat, and secondly because this
allows arbitrary execution orders of commands during
initialization. (Also, I don't really see why this behaviour is that
bad in the first place anyway...)