[pulseaudio-discuss] volume ramping

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 11 09:56:15 PST 2008

What is the proper way to do volume ramping in pulse audio to avoid clicking
when changed the volume?  I wrote a module to callback and change the volume
in small incremental steps, but it seems that pulse seems to apply the
volume changes on the audio buffer as a whole.  Does pulseaudio take a
volume command, and then process the one audio buffer with that set volume?
I'm using a buffer size of 4096 at 44100Hz, so it is about 10mS. So how
would I go about ramping the volume, in say about 15 mS?

Thanks
Baek