[pulseaudio-discuss] a simple way to disable pa

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 08:00:18 PST 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:

> Well I presume you are using padevchooser. This should not be used. Use

Yes. Mainly because I am new to pa and did not know better.

> pavucontol. The whole point in pulseaudio is that you can change the
> source and sink *without* restaring the application!!

Aha! I have started pavucontrol a few times abut could not guess what it
was supposed to be for. I just used to see which applications were being
run via pa and what were the volumes of various channels. I will try it
again with your comments in mind now.

>>> Good luck with Audacity - that's one of the most stubborn applications

> See my other reply about this. It's working well here now with the
> fedora patch. If it doesn't work on Ubuntu, you should poke them and ask
> them to include the patch.

I myself personally use Debian. I am yet to try out audacity with pa in
Debian.

Thanks for all your comments and help.
Regards.

ever having been read.