[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio cannot recognise ALSA plughw

Aleksander Kamenik aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee
Sun Dec 28 12:33:04 PST 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:

> I had another look on this. I think I now figured out what the problem
> might be and cooked up this patch:
>
> http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=commitdiff;h=22c3373713dabb0060ad1ee469ffa007ffe25846
>
> Could you please check if that patch (which should apply just fine on
> 0.9.13) makes things work for you?

Hi, I cannot use my 0404 USB card any more since the upgrade to F10 too.

I applied the patch to the Fedora pulseaudio 0.9.13 package which
already had 24 patches applied. It looks like you're the maintainer too,
so I hope no problems with that. The patch applied cleanly and compiled
too, but I get this when starting pulseaudio:

pulseaudio[2347]: alsa-util.c: Failed to set hardware parameters on
plug:hw:1: No such file or directory
pulseaudio[2347]: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-alsa-source"
(argument: "device_id=1
source_name=alsa_input.usb_device_41e_3f04_E_MU_28_FFFF_07D6091E_0B432_STN_01_if0_sound_card_0_alsa_capture_0
tsched=1"): initialization failed.

pavucontrol doesn't show the E-MU 0404 USB card, only the built in
nvidia chip.

So I'm forced to use the on board nvidia chip which really sucks. Noise
gets on the channel when there's any hard drive activity etc.

Regards,

--

Aleksander Kamenik
System Administrator