[pulseaudio-discuss] Send audio to pules server behind a firewall (SSH?)

Thomas Ward tomwardathome at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:46:07 PST 2008

I have an XP box on which I wish to play sound from a linux box.
The XP box has a very restrictive firewall, I already tunnel out of
the XP box to allow VNC, ssh, etc. access inwards using putty

i.e. something like below for VNC
plink -pw password -R5906:XP_IP_ADDRESS:5906 -l unixlogin linuxbox

I have looked through all the docu8mentation of pulseaudio and can't
find a reference to which ports I would need to tunnel, anyone done
this, any ideas?

thanks for your help

Tom Ward