[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio with Application Asterisk

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 13 03:54:06 PST 2008

On Sun, 03.02.08 16:38, Jim Duda (jim at duda.tzo.com) wrote:

> When I directly connect Asterisk to the sound card, everything works
> fine.  However, when I attempt to connect to the sound card through
> Pulseaudio, the Asterisk application will crash after making the second
> call connection.
>
> The only evidence of something I currently see going wrong is that the
> alsa interface for Asterisk receives a -5 (-EIO) on a write to the alsa
> interface.  I don't know if that is the eventual cause of the crash.

There are multiple reasons why ALSA or our ALSA backend might return
EIO to the application. From this remote perspective it is not really
possible for me to find out what the exact problem is.

Please install the debugging symbols for alsa-plugins and use gdb to
find out what the reason for the EIO might be.

Does Asterisk call snd_pcm_recover() after getting the EIO?