[pulseaudio-discuss] pa + hdsp

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 13 09:09:26 PST 2008

On Thu, 24.01.08 21:08, Andrew Gaydenko (a at gaydenko.com) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 1. Has anybody success story concerning pulseaudio working with hdsp
> alsa driver? I have output shown below.

Hmm, none of the usual way to open the device worked. And when we
opened the device as hw:0 it didn't accept our parameters. I have no
idea why.

What's the native sample format of that sound card?

> 2. What does it mean? - "Dude, your kernel stinks! The chef's
> recommendation today is Linux with high-resolution timers enabled!"

It means you're kernel doesn't do hrtimers. That's not too problematic
right now. But eventually it might get an issue for you.