[pulseaudio-discuss] No shutdown/startup sounds in gnome

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Feb 18 23:52:58 PST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:52 PM, JaM wrote:

> I have pulse audio installed on a gentoo linux system and have it
> running as a separate instance for each user.  For whatever reason,
> however, I do not get any startup/shutdown sounds.  I do get the
> rest of the system sounds but nothing for the startup and shutdown.
> Is there something I can do to diagnose what is going on?  If I look
> in the Sound Settings Panel I can play the shutdown/startup sounds
> fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

I wish I could offer an actual solution, but one thing that I can tell
you is that I had a similar problem on my Debian box for a while. A
recent update seems to have fixed it. My guess would be that it's
something to do with Gnome, not with PA.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837