[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio-0.9.8/

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jan 7 17:49:20 PST 2008

    Well I got the tarball of this version on my Fedora 8 operating
system. It unpacked just fine and I got busy with ./configure but it
errored out like this:

checking for LIBSNDFILE... configure: error: Package requirements (
sndfile >= 1.0.10 ) were not met:

No package 'sndfile' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBSNDFILE_CFLAGS
and LIBSNDFILE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

    I will see if pkg-config man page helps. As a rule they don't :-)

This might point to why pulseaudio has a problem with Fedora.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User