[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio-0.9.8/

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jan 11 09:59:14 PST 2008

On Mon, 07.01.08 18:49, Karl Larsen (k5di at zianet.com) wrote:

>     Well I got the tarball of this version on my Fedora 8 operating
> system. It unpacked just fine and I got busy with ./configure but it
> errored out like this:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for LIBSNDFILE... configure: error: Package requirements (
> sndfile >= 1.0.10 ) were not met:
>
> No package 'sndfile' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBSNDFILE_CFLAGS
> and LIBSNDFILE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
>     I will see if pkg-config man page helps. As a rule they don't :-)

This is only a dependency problem. Install libsndfile-devel and you
should be set.

It's probably better to pick the PA 0.9.8 RPMS from Rawhide instead of
trying to compile PA on your own. PA has a a lot of dependencies and
is thus not trivial to compile correctly, whith all options enabled
properly.