[pulseaudio-discuss] The problem of /tmp/pulse-$USER becoming owned by root...

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 12 09:57:15 PST 2008

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Hmm, sounds like an evil messup with autospawn done from SUID programs
> or more likely those started via "su". Will look into this
> eventually, before I do the next release.
>
> I am not sure why people would start audio applications as root
> anyway. People doing stuff like that deserve to be annoyed by issues
> like this one ;-)

I linked to a patch on bug 215 that seems to fix things for me but I'm
guessing may cause issues on other platforms. If it works for you on
fedora then it's all good but I'm fairly sure Sjored said his system
worked OK and had the $USER and $USERNAME arguments the opposite way
round to me. I tested on Mandriva and CentOS 5 with the same results. YMMV.