[pulseaudio-discuss] Help in setting up PA

Richard Geddes rich.geddes at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 17:52:32 PST 2008

The PA server has yet to deliver sound to my speakers.  However, I
noticed you had some special advice for someone configuring their
M-Audio Delta44... I have an M-Audio Delta 66 and tried your suggestion
for the M-Audio Delta 44:

--------
So, what you'll have to do is edit /etc/pulse/default.pa.

Comment out module-hal-detect and module-detect, and then add these
lines (if you don't need the sources, leave them out):

# Load Delta 44:
load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=delta_out device=hw:0 channels=10
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7
load-module module-alsa-source source_name=delta_in device=hw:0
channels=12
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7,aux8,aux9

# Set the default sink and source (not mandatory, intel-hda
# would probably be used without this):
set-default-sink delta_out
set-default-source delta_in

-----

The PA daemon is not starting and PA Manager is say "connection refused"
.  Not sure what to make of it, but your suggestions are welcome.

Here's some output from /var/log/messages: