[pulseaudio-discuss] No sound with M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 16 08:15:53 PDT 2008

Kostas Gerontis wrote:
> Hey :) Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply :)
> The irc channel seems kind of... too quiet, so i'll also give the
> pastebin link here... I've highlighted the error messages:
>
> http://bcm.pastebin.com/m13401731

Actually on second reading I notice:

W: alsa-util.c: Device hw:0 doesn't support 2 channels, changed to 10.

Try changing default-sample-size = 10 in your daemon.conf file... I'm
sure this has come up before now I think about it but I can't remember
the solution... I'm sure it involved hacking the default.pa in some
capacity to bypass autodetection and to do some sort of hard coding of
the channels....

I know this is a bit vague. :s