[pulseaudio-discuss] errors while starting pulseaudio on fedora 9

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jul 17 10:01:35 PDT 2008

On Thu, 17.07.08 09:36, Don Raikes (don at draikes.com) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I thought I got pulse working on my fedora 9 system yesterday, but this
> morning I am getting a lot of errors when I try to start it.
>
> I ran:
> $ pulseaudio -vv --system

Why do you start it as root? PA is intended to be run as normal user daemon.

> as root, and got the following messages in my log file:

I see no errors. If you run PA with -vv you will get a lot of debug
output. Lines prefixed with "D" are debug messages, those with "I" are
informational. Lines with "W" are warnings. Lines with "E" are
errors. But I don't see any in the output you pasted.