[pulseaudio-discuss] Strange problem with pulseaudio 0.5.11

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 27 13:26:45 PDT 2008

Sean McNamara wrote:
> /var/run is cleared every time you reboot. There seems to be a 0.9.11
> bug with the system-wide daemon improperly creating /var/run/pulse. It
> may be creating it before it changes user, which means it is owned by
> root, which is basically shooting itself in the foot. What I do on
> boot-up (once per reboot) is this:

I wonder if this could be a similar cause to a bug I helped trace:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/315

That was creating /.pulse folders but the cause of it could be the
same... (note that I'm not actually sure as I didn't reread the bug -
just going on memeory... I think I was waiting for Lennart's thoughts on
it).