[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio Windows Server

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 30 02:29:21 PDT 2008

Jeff Hendy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Windows server to play sound from my Linux box.
>
> As far as I can tell, the Linux installation seems to be working fine,
> but I get a bunch of errors on Windows:
>
> C:\pulseaudio-0.9.6>pulseaudio.exe
> W: pulsecore/random.c: failed to get proper entropy. Falling back to seeding wit
> h current time.
> W: pulsecore/core-util.c: secure directory creation not supported on Win32.
> E: pulsecore/pid.c: stale PID file, overwriting.
> W: pulsecore/core.c: failed to allocate shared memory pool. Falling back to a no
> rmal memory pool.
> Unable to convert, filtering
> E: pulsecore/socket-server.c: socket(PF_INET6): Invalid argument
>
> My default.pa is as follows:
> load-module module-waveout
>
> load-module module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1
>
> .nofail
>
> Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Something relating to IPV6 networking is your problem but also the
".nofail" and it's counterpart ".fail" were not added until after 0.9.6
IIRC (could be wrong here).

Try disabling IPV6 somehow on windows.

Or better yet, try to compile a newer pulseaudio for windows :) (this is
a joke unless you are a fairly good programmer!)