[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiseat and pulseaudio

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Wed Jul 30 07:41:41 PDT 2008

Dnia 2008-07-30, śro o godzinie 15:54 +0200, Lennart Poettering pisze:
> I am not sure if the system wide daemon is a good choice here.

I wanted to tell him the same thing, but refrained from it... 'Cause on
the other hand it seems to be the only way - having all the users able
to send audio to all the cards. If the users don't, for example, use the
same seats every time, it will be difficult to get the correct card to
send to. On the other hand the system wide approach would let the users
'spam' each other's speakers... A per-user daemon would mean that the
cards would be blocked whenever one of the users use it, no? This way it
would be possible for one user to block all the cards... And yeah, I
don't have a clear idea on how to do it, either.

> > I have installed pulseaudio with a system-wide deamon. I setup the
> > device chooser , I have edit the .pulse/default-sink for the
> default
>
> Don't use the device chooser. It's obsolete.

You mean padevchooser?

--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>