[pulseaudio-discuss] [SCM] PulseAudio Sound Server branch, master, updated. v0.9.11-10-g026a6bd

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 31 01:21:08 PDT 2008

> commit 026a6bdd0ecdc68288b2167aed6dfd4e6f407edb
> Author: Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
> Date:   Thu Jul 31 01:25:33 2008 +0200
>
>     Work around D-Bus bug that involves dbus_shutdown() to call exit() when it shouldn't. Patch from Coling Guthrie

> +    /* There seems to be a bug in D-Bus that causes dbus_shutdown() to
> +     * call exit() when a connection without this flag disabled was
> +     * created during runtime.*/

Just for completeness, I should point out that it only affects me if the
binary has the setuid bit set, but that will just be the pulse logic
that only calls the pa_polkit_check() when it has rooty privs (or rather
then pa_have_caps() is true which I don't think is the case when not
setuid).

I'll try and create a small test app for the upstream devs as, this was
uber confusing to debug in the pulse app.