[pulseaudio-discuss] Channel Mapping

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:42:59 PDT 2008

Hi and thanks for the quick response.....

Yep I am using ALSA but I don't understand your answer (because I'm thick!).

Are you saying that each time ALSA plays a different AC3 source the
mapping can be different or that it's always consistently wrong the
same way?

If it's consistently wrong the same way I should be able to identify
which channel is mapping to which channel (I've got an AC3 test avi
that shows where the source should be coming from while it's playing
it).

In effect my system takes all the source material (including wavs and
MP3's) and runs it through an A52encode before pumping it out to an
external amp via spdif.  I've set it up this way to minimise the
amount of interaction I need to do that source material dependent.  If
I could get the AC3 material working properly then that would make my
day!!

Thanks and regards