[pulseaudio-discuss] PA hal-detect and tunnels problems

Michal Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Mon Jun 9 12:24:36 PDT 2008

Hi list,

I have two problems with default openSUSE 11.0 installations:
- hal-detect does not set the proper sample rate for my audio cards (two
Dell laptops with Intel's audio chips), making them sound crappy.
Setting default-sample-rate in /etc/default.conf (originally commented
out) to 48000 makes these problems go away.
coling helped me to find the workaround, based on following logs
(available for another month):
http://pastebin.ca/1042852 default opensuse config with hal detection
(http://pastebin.ca/1042853 - the config file)
http://pastebin.ca/1042859 config with module-alsa-sink device=hw:0
http://pastebin.ca/1042863 config with module-alsa-sink device=hw:0
rate=48000
The weird thing is that when I load the module with 'module-alsa-sink'
only, pulseaudio detects that the card can't do 44.1 and sets the sample
rate to 48.0.

If there's anything more I can provide, please ask.

- the other problem is that I can't get zeroconf discovered devices to
show up locally, as I've enabled in the padevchooser preferences. Here
are the logs: http://pastebin.com/m55c86ac5 Both of the machines are
current openSUSE 11.0 installs, I've had the same problem since opensuse
got pulseaudio as the default in early 11.0 alphas.

--
Michal Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>