[pulseaudio-discuss] darkice/icecast issue

Matthew Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Wed Jun 25 21:47:40 PDT 2008

Ok, I did a bit more investigating and have a solution:

gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=p2.monitor !
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,depth=16 ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux
! shout2send ip=127.0.0.1 port=8000 password=network mount=stream.ogg

I needed to specify the format of content coming out of the pulsesrc.
Now everything works fine. I will say that the cpu usage is quite a bit
higher with this solution than just having mpd stream straight to the
shout server, and there is the annoyance that when the stream
corks/pauses gst-launch exits.

I'm going to play with this more since I would like this to be an extra
zone for playback.

Thanks for your help Colin.

Matt