[pulseaudio-discuss] darkice/icecast issue

Sebastian Wieseler sebastian at nanofortnight.org
Thu Jun 26 18:31:34 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 07:31:46PM +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> What do you mean by it's "not accepted of the darkice"? If I
> understand that gst-launch command correctly, it's a
> complete replacement for darkice. If you want to use that

Ahhhhhhhhh.
I only read https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2008-May/001810.html
and thought the device= line is for the darkice. :-)

> If you want to use darkice, you don't use that device name,
> because that's a pulseaudio specific name, and darkice

Yes. I noticed. :-)

> doesn't seem to support pulseaudio natively. You probably
> need to give the alsa device name somewhere in darkice's

Oh. I tried "pulse" out as a device name and it doesn't work out.

> If your distro has set up alsa so that by default all alsa

Yes.

> applications use pulseaudio, then a suitable alsa device
> name is "default". Otherwise have a look at

Ah! Cool! Thank you soooooo much. :-)
Didn't believe that it could work, becuase the default-device-line
was device=/dev/dsp
but device=default works for me!

That's so cool. :-) Thanks!
Really good. It works. Ha! :-)

Greetings!
Sebastian Wieseler

--
 ((_/)o o(\_))          \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign