[pulseaudio-discuss] Cheap little pulse server

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:57:51 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us> wrote:

> i missed this thread first time around.  i'd think if you could find
> one of the little devices that supports OpenWRT that also has USB,
> you could plug in a USB audio thingamajig and the whole thing would be
> pretty cheap.

I tried that; got a Linksys WRTSL54GS box. I put OpenWRT on it very easily.
PluseAudio isn't running on it yet (though they're trying) and Avahi isn't
either. In fact, ALSA doesn't work.

I ended up just running mpd right on the box, going via OSS to a USB sound
card.

It works, but I would have preferred that it just be a "dumb" pulse sink.

Folks might try the NSLU2: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/