[pulseaudio-discuss] Finally got it! was: Re: Pulseaudio - no sound

Stefan Czinczoll schollsky at arcor.de
Sat Mar 8 17:37:21 PST 2008

Got it running at the end! The clue was to start pulseaudio not as user, but as root.

Started as user I get the following:

$ pulseaudio --daemonize
[WARN 11203] polkit-session.c:144:polkit_session_set_uid(): session != NULL
 Not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
E: polkit.c: Cannot set UID on session object.
N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time/high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary priviliges:
N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt' and PolicyKit refuse to grant us priviliges. Dropping SUID again.
N: main.c: For enabling real-time scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit priviliges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.

which results in zero output.

HTH,

Stefan