[pulseaudio-discuss] SegFault when Switching from bluetooth sink

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Mar 30 03:29:21 PDT 2008

Donald Reader wrote:
> as posted earlier I got the sink for the bluetooth created
> like usual then started the backtrace per the instructions
> on the web page you gave me and have attached it.
>
> Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Unfrotunately this backtrace is not overly useful as you appear to have
forgotten the useful bit.... the actual backtrace! After the segv, you
need to type "bt full" or some variant thereof to actually list the
backtrace.

Also is is really useful if you can installed the debug info files as
indicated by the output:
"Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install pulseaudio.i386"

In theory it is possible to reconstruct the necessary output from a
backtrace and the symbols after the event if the package/platform is
known and the symbols are available but it's generally easier to do it
at source.

HTHs