[pulseaudio-discuss] FWD: How to ask for small latency

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Wed Nov 19 05:41:22 PST 2008

Hello,

I've posted this question some weeks back, but didn't
receive any reply. The question is quite serious for us,
the accessibility developers: How to use Pulse Audio
API so that we achieve small latency? Where can one
find some documentation on the glitch free model from
the perspective of an application developer?

Former question bellow.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke

Hello,

please, how do I ask Pulse Audio using the asynchronous
API for a small latency setup? Currently, in our setup,
Pulse Audio adjust the latency to 80ms (total) while playing
sound from our application, but it won't go lower.  This is
however very high for our purpose (speech navigation for
the blind), we need to get it at least to 20ms.

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke