[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio prompts "I: module-alsa-sink.c: Underrun!".

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Nov 22 09:06:48 PST 2008

Dino wrote:
> I did recompile the latest PulseAudio, mplayer, alsa-plugin (without
> alsa-lib, alsa-driver recompile), still not working.
> So I switch ALSA to OSS. Now it works...

When you say "latest" do you mean git master or 0.9.13? As I mentioned
in my previous mail, 0.9.13 needs a lot of patches from git master to
make it work reliably.

OSS will not use the glitch-free core so this is not a "fix". You can
set an argument on the alsa module loading that would also disable
glitch-free ... I forget off-hand what that argument is...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]