[pulseaudio-discuss] after sound, video through network?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Nov 23 15:38:38 PST 2008

root wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if one day, pulseaudio will be able
> to transfer video to a deported /dev/video through
> the network just like it does for sound.
> I would need it for my virtual network at
> http://clownix.net in which linphone and ekiga
> can phone from virtual machines and the sound
> goes through the virtual network to the
> host's pulseaudio.

I don't think there are any plans for this just now to be honest.

It's an interesting idea, but there are probably ways to set this up
somehow.... You can share block devices over the network in linux... why
not character? Hmmm. Dunno, not played with this myself!

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]