[pulseaudio-discuss] API of set default sink/source would be supported by furture version of PA?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 25 02:23:38 PST 2008

Chen, Hao H wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have found that it’s possible to set default sink/source even
> sink/source name doesn’t exist.
>
> Please refer to [PulseAudio] #414: able to set default sink/source even
> the sink/source name doesn't exist (http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/414)
>

> Is this problem the same type of ticket #417? (#417 indicates that:
> autoload API will no longer be implemented by future versions of the
> PulseAudio server)

I've answered in #414.. not sure if I'm right but it may help ;)
I'm not sure here, but I doubt the two problem are the same in terms of
API deprecation etc.

The default sink stuff is possibly just related to a late-binding of the
sink names.

e.g. you can set the sink name to something random, but when you try to
use the default sink, it will be noticed that it doesn't exits and
module-rescue-streams

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]