[pulseaudio-discuss] Some glitching problems after PA 0.9.10

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Mon Oct 13 06:51:18 PDT 2008

Ozan Çağlayan wrote On 08-10-2008 15:34:
> Hi,
>
> We're having some issues with PA > 0.9.10.
>
> I can reproduce the problem with mplayer or kaffeine. I'm starting to
> play some audio files and after I pause the playback. PA suspends the
> device because it becomes idle. After waiting 5-10 seconds, I continue
> the playback but the client programs busy waits until some time and the
> playback continues after waiting ~10 seconds but with a lot of glitches.
> PA tells that resuming is succesfully took place.

I have now tried the issue with the latest nightly builds of Takashi +
PA 0.9.13.
I started kaffeine and after a while I paused the playback:

..
..

I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=250,00 ms, minreq=20,00 ms
I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 460,00 ms = 210,00 ms + 2*20,00 ms +
210,00 ms
I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink
alsa_output.pci_10de_26c_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0 idle for too long,
suspending ...
I: module-alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...

Waited for a couple of seconds and clicked play in Kaffeine:

I: module-alsa-sink.c: Trying resume...
I: module-alsa-sink.c: Resumed successfully...
I: module-alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
I: module-alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
N: module-alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 40,00 ms

And the playback doesn't even continue. Sometimes it continues with a
lot of glitching, sometimes it hangs.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

--