[pulseaudio-discuss] arecord does not work with pulse audio: I/O error

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 17 01:59:38 PDT 2008

Keedi Kim wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I followed PerfectSetup of pulseaudio wiki,
>  then aplay works well, but arecord doesn't.
> ALSA's arecord terminates with
> "pcm_read:1473: read error: Input/output error" message.
>
> Does anybody has idea?

I know you've said that the package is using 1.0.17 but there is a
chacne that the Ubuntu package updated the pulse plugin to the latest
version in git (from the 1.0.18rc3 tree).

If this is the case, then Takashi found a problem with recording via
alsa with these recently on the alsa Mailing list.

Lennart has yet to ACK this and an earlier message on the Alsa mailing
list from a couple weeks back (unless he's done so privately to Takashi)
so I'm guessing he's a little behind on things right now.

In lieu of an ACK from Lennart, it may be worth trying out the patch
from Takashi.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/56875

I'd also like to know if it works (not had a moment to try yet) so I can
issue an update package for this.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]