[pulseaudio-discuss] Flash Plugin 10 Install Borks Audio [RESOLVED]

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Sat Oct 18 11:25:52 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 17:37 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 1. You've got the wholly redundant 64-bit version of libflashsupport
> which cannot be loaded or used by the 32-bit flash.
>
> and
>
> 2. You apprear to not have the 32-bit alsa-lib/alsa-plugins installed
> which would allow native 32 bit alsa apps (i.e. flash sans
> libflashsupport) to work with pulse audio.

*sigh* You're right. I don't know what caused the original problem right
after installing flash-plugin 10, but for all the time after it, I
didn't have the i386 version of the packages installed. When I installed
libflashsupport.so originally, it was for x86_64. Installing the i386
version resulted in audio. I've since removed libflashsupport.i386 and
installed alsa-(lib|plugins-pulseaudio).i386 and flash 10 works
properly.

Thanks for catching what I was missing.
--

Richi Plana