[pulseaudio-discuss] Intercepting PulseAudio sound for EQ display?

Josh Lehan krellan at krellan.com
Sat Oct 25 14:17:34 PDT 2008

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> You can see the calls in pavucontrol, which in recent versions shows a
> per-stream eq level... that code should be ripe for the picking! :)

Thanks!  I guess my next question would be, is there a way to use the
monitor stream as a *filter*, and not just as a monitor?

That is, I'd love to input the monitor stream, change it a little bit,
then resubmit it.  The resubmitted data would become the new output
stream.  This would add latency, though, but it might be useful.  Is
there a way currently to do this in PA?

Josh