[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio crashes

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 25 14:36:52 PDT 2008

Scott Castaline wrote:
> What about libspeexdsp and libgdm? Fedora repos don't have prebuilt so I
> have to go with source.

They will be there but they may have some different names... like
gdm-devel or whatever. Hunt around you'll find them.

> Do you know of anyoptions needed besides
> PREFIX=/usr? Also I could only find gdbm, that should have the libgdbm
> parts. Should I build and install the whole pkge, if not, what options
> for a partial install?

I'd actually strongly advise you *against* using /usr as a prefix. This
is the distro prefix where officially installed packages live. If you
want to build your own stuff from source, I'd recomment using /usr/local
or (and this is my personal preference) I'd use a random location e.g.
/home/colin/pulse-trunk as my prefix. When I'm done I can just remove
that folder and I've tided up everything. If you use /usr and you want
to tidy up or revert to the distro version you'll have to go around and
tidy things up manually which is both very difficult and time consuming.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]